Headaches & Migraines
Our effective treatment options for these debilitating conditions help relieve pain.
Many people do not know whether they are suffering from a common headache or a migraine. It is important to know the difference because the treatments will vary.
A common, or primary, headache will usually cause pressure and pain on both sides of your head. The pain may be mild or severe, but regardless of the severity, it may prevent you from fully functioning at your job or from enjoying leisure activities.
The ordinary headache may last a few minutes or even as long as a few days. The most common type of headache is tension headache and the causes usually stress, muscle strain, or anxiety.
Other types of headaches include:
- Cluster headaches – They’re called cluster headaches because they occur in waves, lasting for several minutes or to a few hours each. Cluster headaches are accompanied by a burning sensation and intense pain.
- Sinus headaches – Characterized by intense pain in the sinus areas and in the front of the head. Some sinus pain sufferers have said that their sinus pain is the worst pain they have ever experienced.
- Hormone headaches – These are headaches that are linked to hormonal fluctuations in women. Menstruation, birth control pills, and pregnancy all affect female estrogen levels, which can trigger headaches.
- Exertion headaches – Exertion headaches can occur after intense physical activity. Common triggers for exertion headaches include weightlifting, running, and sexual intercourse.
Caffeine is also known to trigger headaches, whether it is consuming too much or not at all, as when someone tries to quit caffeine consumption “cold turkey.”
The migraine difference
One of the most common differences between headaches and migraines is that migraines will usually affect only one side of the head. Migraines are also distinguished by pain so intense that it makes the simplest tasks impossible.
Regular migraine suffers may also experience dizziness, nausea, flashing lights, and tingling or numbing the face and hands. The effects of a migraine are sometimes so severe that sufferers seek treatment in hospital emergency rooms.
Complete Healthcare is a healthy alternative
Before you take prescription medications for your headaches or migraines and before you head to the emergency room, call Drs. Christopher Beller and Myriam Hirsch at Complete Healthcare.
Drs. Beller and Hirsch have many years of experience helping people just like you recover get effective, lasting relief from chronic headaches and migraines. Drs. Beller and Hirsch use proven, effective chiropractic therapies and provide follow-up support to help you reduce or eliminate the agony of chronic headaches and migraines.
The overwhelming majority of headaches start in the neck and are often the result of tension. Complete healthcare can provide a wide variety of treatments for your headaches and migraines including cervical traction, electrical stimulation and Low-Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT).
Complete Healthcare is Charlotte’s Trusted Chiropractic Office
For over 20 years, the doctors and staff at Complete Healthcare have worked hard to provide prompt, effective relief for the relief of headaches and migraines.
We’re respected and trusted because we provide more:
- Same-day appointments
- Minimal wait time
- Friendly, caring environment
- Thorough exams
- Detailed analysis of our findings
- Treatment plan for your approval to help you get out of pain and back work and play
- On-site X-rays, if needed
Advanced, convenient, and thorough care for your headaches and migraines
You don’t have to live with headaches and migraines. Complete Healthcare has the expertise and resources to reduce or eliminate your headaches and migraines in a comfortable and friendly environment.
Our complete healthcare treatments can help you get relief from:
• Low Back Pain • Arm Pain • Pinched Nerves • Neck Pain • Joint & Muscle Pain • Numbness & Tingling • TMJ • Headaches • Arthritis • Shoulder Pain • Leg/Hip Pain • Carpal Tunnel • Whiplash • Disc Problems • Sprains • Strains
We treat these chronic and acute conditions, and more, with proven techniques such as:
• Spinal decompression • Therapeutic exercise • Stretches • Traction • Ice packs • Spinal adjustments • Electrotherapy •Mechanical massage units to alleviate muscular pain symptoms • Low-Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT)
Your first visit will include a complete evaluation. Many of our patients have told us that they have never had such a thorough evaluation.
And… We can see you today! To schedule a free consultation, please call: (704) 510-1510