When arthritis or joint pain strikes, see us first for proven, effective relief.
A common misconception about arthritis and joint pain is that it happens only to older adults. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Americans suffering from severe joint pain and/or arthritis age 65 or older make up only about 24 percent of the total. In fact, the age group 18 to 44 has slightly more people affected by arthritis/joint pain.
The message here is clear: Arthritis and chronic joint pain can strike at any age.
Although there are several types of arthritis, there are two most common. They are:
- Osteoarthritis – Osteoarthritis describes “wear-and-tear” to the cartilage in your joints. Cartilage is the hard, slick coating on the ends of your bones that serve as cushions to allow nearly frictionless joint motion. When the cartilage wears down, bone-on-bone grinding causes pain and restricted movement.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Here, the body’s immune system attacks the lining of the joint known as a capsule This lining (synovial membrane) then becomes inflamed, swollen, and painful. Rheumatoid arthritis can eventually destroy cartilage and bone within the joint.
Unfortunately, the CDC’s first professional recommendation for managing arthritis and chronic joint pain is the use of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug for pain management. While NSAIDs have a place in pain management, they serve only to mask pain, not remedy the problem, and they come with several serious side effects, including:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Increased risk of stroke
- Skin conditions such as reddening, rashes, or blisters
- And more…
We know another way
At Complete Healthcare, we offer a variety of non-surgical treatments that can help relieve your arthritis or joint pain at its source, without the dangers of drugs and without the risks of surgery.
Our arthritis/joint pain treatments include:
- Manual adjustment – The use of the doctor’s hands to manipulate the joints to achieve pain relief.
- Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) – An advanced option that can provide important results such as anti-inflammatory effects, pain modulation, and accelerated tissue healing.
- Electrical stimulation – Also known as electrotherapy, this provides a mild electrical current that generates heat to relieve stiffness, improve mobility, and relieve pain. Some chiropractic science shows that electrical stimulation promotes the body’s production of endorphins or natural pain killers.
- Heat and/or cold therapy – Uses heat to soothe and relax joints while increasing blood flow to the area. Cold therapy restricts blood vessels, reducing the amount of blood and inflammation in an area which promotes numbing pain relief without drugs.
- And more…
Get arthritis/joint pain relief at Complete Healthcare – Charlotte’s Trusted Chiropractic Office
For over 20 years, the doctors and staff at Complete Healthcare have provided prompt, effective relief and advanced treatments for arthritis and joint pain to your friends and neighbors in the greater Charlotte area.
We’re respected and trusted because we provide more:
- Same-day appointments
- Minimal wait time
- Friendly, caring environment
- Thorough exams
- Detailed analysis of our findings
- Treatment plan for your approval to help you get out of pain and back work and play
- On-site X-rays, if needed
Advanced, convenient, and thorough care for your arthritis/joint pain
Complete Healthcare has the expertise and resources to reduce or eliminate your arthritis/joint pain and help you get back to your daily routine through the use of proven modalities in a comfortable and friendly environment.
Our complete healthcare treatments can help you get relief from:
• Low Arthritis/joint pain • Arm Pain • Pinched Nerves • Neck Pain • Joint & Muscle Pain • Numbness & Tingling • TMJ • Headaches • Arthritis • Shoulder Pain • Leg/Hip Pain • Carpal Tunnel • Whiplash • Disc Problems • Sprains • Strains
We treat these chronic and acute conditions, and more, with proven techniques such as:
• Spinal decompression • Therapeutic exercise • Stretches • Traction • Ice packs • Spinal adjustments • Electrotherapy •Mechanical massage units to alleviate muscular pain symptoms • Low-level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT)
Your first visit will include a complete evaluation that will be the basis of your recommended treatments. Many of our patients have told us that they have never had such a thorough evaluation.
And… We can see you today! To schedule a free consultation, please call: (704) 510-1510